Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

just pull us in.

She's 45... And perpetually wounded.
"She's mamed. Completely mamed."

That's what we said about this woman. I didn't even know her. I still don't. I don't really care to. There's so much about life that will simultaneously be tragic and hilarious at the same time.

Today I started to actually nail down what's up with moving. The entire situation behind it. I actually talked to Nici about it, mostly because when it's me and dave talking about it, obviously, we're both going to be stoked on it, and just driving driving driving through how great it's gonna be. But to get that third perspective of someone who's actually going to be there... someone who's lap I'm completely dropping into... was completely refreshing. It was just a new sense of closure that I needed. In talking about all of that, it helped to figure out a lot of the smaller things like what to bring down there and the whole permanent vs temporary argument. The thing is, I don't think I ever wanted it to be permanent. That's not where I see myself "ending up". It's just a piece of the world to get my feet wet in. We'll see where it takes me. I know it's going to be something to experience and I'm hoping the learning experience and the memories outweigh the things like planning the next step and the homesickness.

Tomorrow I leave for Virginia. It's been about 2 years since I've been there. I remember really loving the atmosphere and the whole vibe of the place being great. Let's see how it is this time around. A lot of things are completely different than they were back in the original days of the visit.

Steve's going everywhere.

No comments: