Pages

Thursday, August 17, 2006

this still makes my stomach turn.

9.30.2003
A few days ago Fairweather decided to stop being a band. It's a shame because this is the strongest incarnation of FW that I've had the opportunity to be a part of. Everyone in the band is one of my best friends and an incredible musician. However, there are those of us that aren't in the right place in our lives to continue working the way we've been working.

I will forever miss what I had with this band. I can confindently say that this has been the single best experience of my life. Thank you to everyone who has supported Fairweather in large and even small ways. Dan and Equal Vision Records are to be commended for being the last bastion of hope in a world of music that seems to grow more hopeless with every chord. Support what they do.

As for shows. We will continue to play all of the shows we have booked. We wanted to have one last opportunity to share with you before we go. We will be doing a five week tour with Give Up The Ghost starting in a few days. I can't wait.

For those of you in the DC area, you'll be happy to know that St. Andrews Church in College Park is coming back as a venue. Our last show ever will be its first show back. Check back for more details later.

Love,
Jay and Fairweather

No comments: